State enterprise “Rice experimental farm” (Pilot Farm) is a part of the UAAS Rice Research Institute structure. It includes:
- production sections, a garage
- a grain threshing floor (Grain farm) with rice-processing factory
- a cattle-breeding complex.
The tasks and goals of the Pilot
- acquisition of material and technical assets and conditions for scientific
research activities conduction
- production of original, best specimens’ and reproductive seeds and provision of the Ukrainian rice farms
with these seeds
- production inspection of new rice varieties, results of scientific
researches conducted by the Institute and their application
The Pilot Farm operates on self-supporting
basis. The number of employees is 250 people. The area of arable land
is 2 782.2 hectares, including 2 625.5 hectares of irrigated land (including
2 094.9 hectares of rice bays).